Each of our clients will receive personal instruction on proper handling of their kayak as well as fishing techniques that
are related to the species of fish that we will be targeting.
Paddle, relax and enjoy the day in my fleet of stable and quick kayaks,some of the best fishing kayaks on the market.
Each kayak is fully rigged for your fishing adventure and comfort. Top quality rods and reels that are matched up for
your inshore adventure are provided. We have spinning, fly cast, as well as baitcasting gear.
You are more than welcome to bring your own favorite outfit. Fly casters welcome also.
If photography is something you enjoy, there will be countless subjects for you to photograph.
The silent nature of the kayak will allow you to glide up close for that perfect shot. Nebraska has a very rich ecosystem
in some locales. When you charter with us, you are getting an eco-tour as well as a fishing trip. We will ensure that your
trip is a most pleasurable one that you and your family or friends will remember for years to come.
Your safety is important to us and is priority number one. You will first be provided with a quality PFD (personal flotation
device) then you will receive instruction on the proper handling of your kayak. We carry a comprehensive First Aid kit at
all times. We are trained and certified in First Aid and CPR by the American Red Cross and Advanced Water Safety. Other safety
items that come along include a cell phone, You can rest assured that your trip will be as safe as possible and that we are
looking out for the safety of you and your family.
Comfort items that are supplied include a soft sided cooler to keep your drinks and lunch nice and cold. Your comfort
is very important and makes for a much more enjoyable and safe trip.
There are several places to lodge. Our customer favorites are the Circle B Motel in Benkelman which is locally owned and
operated. Phone: 308-423-2922
Also, there is the Republican River Lodge located just minutes from Rock Creek Lake. It is $80 per evening and can include
home cooked meals. Website: http://www.republicanriverranch.homestead.com/
All equipment provided is top quality and professionally maintained. Lures and all related tackle is provided for your
What to bring?
"Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it."
* Bring a good hat with a wide brim. This will help keep you cool in the mid-day heat and keep your neck, face and
ears from burning.
* A good pair of polarized sunglasses.
* Sun screen. At least an SPF rating of 30 is recommended. And bug repellent. (We also provide this if you need it).
* Water shoes or old tennis sneakers.
* At least 2 quarts of water or Gatorade. Can supply for you on request.
* The weather in Nebraska can change at a moment's notice so bring some rain gear if you have it.
* A change of dry clothes for after the trip as well as a towel.
* Camera, film and some type of dry bag or box to store it in. (Not a zip lock bag)
* Your favorite lunch and snack. This can be provided for you at request. A soft sided cooler and ice will also be
made available to keep your drinks nice and cold.
* With the heat and exertion involved in kayak fishing, it is not advisable to bring alcoholic beverages.
* Wear a pair of quick drying shorts or swim trunks and a light shirt. A Columbia or other sportfishing shirt is recommended.
Do not wear cotton. It will make you hot and very uncomfortable. We will help in any way to ensure your comfort and safety.
* A Nebraska Fishing Permit.
Nebraska Fishing Permit Information:
Order Nebraska Fishing Permit Online:
* Again, rods, reels, lures, tackle, boat and safety equipment will be provided.
* You can bring your favorite fishing outfit if you wish. We all have a rig that just "feels right" and always
comes with us with every trip. However, we will not be held liable for loss or damage to said equipment or other personal
We wish to personally thank you for choosing Kayakjak's Fishing Guide Service!